The purpose of the Resources section of this site is to connect you with additional education and information related to the Natural Wonders of Oceania. In addition to resources that are focused on the splendor, beauty and amazement, Natural Wonders of Oceania will also provide you with access to tour companies, places to stay, and related resources that make your discovery, exploration and personal experience with the Oceania wonders of nature the best it can be.
7 NATURAL WONDERS OF THE WORLD
Oceania is home to one of the 7 Wonders of Nature. The Great Barrier Reef is the wonder of nature that makes the official world list. The reef is located off the northern coast of Australia.
- Great Barrier Reef – The only wonder of nature that can be seen and identified from outer space. It is the largest coral reef in the world.
- National Geographic Video – A six minute presentation on the Great Barrier Reef.
- National Geographic GBR – Virtual exploration of the great barrier reef.
- The GBR Marine Park – Comprehensive sight featuring information on the GBR.
- Victoria Falls Where the Great Barrier Reef is the largest wonder of nature, this sister wonder is the largest waterfall in the world.
- Australian Government – Official presentation on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Wiki Travel – Providing travel information for this wonder of nature.
- Grand Canyon The largest canyon in the world and one of the seven wonders.
UNESCO: WORLD HERITAGE
UNESCO represents the World Heritage sites from around the world as determined by the International Union of Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Here is a list of 10 world heritage sites located found in Oceania:
- Site #1 – The Great Barrier Reef is located in the north east region of Australia and is one of the Seven Wonders.
- Site #2 – The Wetlands of northern Queensland are largely tropical rain forests.
- Site #3 – Tongariro National Park features a volcanic region and amazing beauty. It is located in New Zealand.
- Site #4 – Te Wahipounamu is a spectacular area created by successive glaciations into fjords, rocky coasts, towering cliffs, lakes and waterfalls.
- Site #5 – Kakadu NP is located in the northern territory of Australia and features a unique example of a complex of ecosystems, including tidal flats, floodplains, lowlands and plateaux, and provides a habitat for a wide range of rare or endemic plant and animal species
- Site #6 – Gondwana Rainforest is located on the Eastern seaboard and features shield volcanic craters and the high number of rare and threatened rainforest species are of international significance for science and conservation.
- Site #7 – Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock, is a unique geological rock formation located in the Australia. It is a candidate for the 7 Natural Wonders of Oceania.
- Site #8 – Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world. It is located off the north eastern part of Australia and it too is a leading candidate for the Seven Natural Wonders of Oceania.
- Site #9 – Purnululu National Park is home to the famous Bungle Bungle rock formations which are also candidates for the Natural Wonders of Oceania.
- Site #10 – Greater Blue Mountains area is located in Australia and features 1.03 million ha of sandstone plateau, escarpments and gorges dominated by temperate eucalypti forest.
Conservation and Professional Organizations
- EPA: Environmental Protection Agency of the United States.
- Conservation International: Organization committed to conservation protection of nature.
- NWF: National Wildlife Federation
- UNESCO: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- WWF: World Wildlife Fund
- Science: Educational group focused on an array of the sciences.
- Nature Conservancy: Organization committed to conservation protection of nature.
- Natural Wonders of the Caribbean: Showcasing the wonders of nature from the Caribbean.
Nature Places to Stay
- Hotel das Cataratas: This is the only hotel located in Iguassu National Park on the Brazilian side.
Supports, Causes and Key Resources
- Travel Tracker: A unique and one of a kind travel app that features pre-populated travel wish lists. Tracks your travel and interfaces with Facebook and Twitter. An excellent tool for learning about new bucket list ideas.
- Christian Adoptions: Adoption is one loving option for people to explore facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- American Cancer: No family should have to experience cancer, we should do what we can to eradicate this disease.
- American Heart: Heart disease affects too many families around the world and there is something we can do.
- Travel Tracker – An app for tracker your wonder of nature travels and also providing a series of bucket list ideas.
Frequently Asked Nature Questions
- Where is the Caribbean: When it comes to geography, one of the common questions is where is the Caribbean. Go here to find the islands and the sea.